The legacy of Primos Restaurants began in the 1920’s with Angelo “Pop” Primos, a Greek immigrant who had a knack for baking and a vision beyond his time. Angelo opened his first small bakery on Capitol Street in downtown Jackson, MS in 1929 where he considered every customer a friend! As the great depression came and went, Pop continued to work hard and smart. Primos Bake Shop quickly transitioned from coffee and pastries to café fare, offering sandwiches along with the celebrated baked goods. By 1941, Primos was a full-service restaurant with expanded, modern facilities, including air conditioning and an electric-eye door-opener.
Today the Primos family restaurant tradition continues at two locations with a third underway. Primos Cafe has been synonymous with great, tasting, Southern food and friendly restaurant service for almost 90 years. Owner, Don Primos, Pop's grandson, maintains this reputation of excellence in meeting his customers' demands for superior quality, freshness and value. Primos Cafe is proud to be your neighborhood restaurant serving up delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner six days a week.